Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for such is the kingdom of heaven."


Everybody knows the first verse of Jesus loves me, but rarely do you hear the second verse that states "Taking children on His knee saying let them come to Me." My family has moved into an apartment filled with children and we have been building relationships with a small group of them and are kicking off a kids study on September 2nd.
We have been asking God to reveal His vision for this community and considered starting a mixed study of adults and children at a community center in our neighborhood but we have been led to seek the hearts of the children exclusively at this time. The Lord confirmed it to me with the title verse of this post and as I recalled a vision KP Yohanna had about the importance of reaching our kids it became very clear. As I shared this experience with my wife and shared the verse with her she had the same verse on her heart during our conversation which brought us more clarity and confirmation. My wife had been anticipating that the Lord was going to answer our prayers for His vision soon and she was right! Praise God!
As I have studied children in the bible I have been reminded that children are our next, and by that I mean our next chance to turn this nation back to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, our next elected officials that will make choices that affect a multitude of lives, our next opportunity to make a disciple. Jesus said that those who enter the kingdom of heaven have been converted and have the faith and humility of a little child. If we receive one little child in His name in like manner as He did it is the same as accepting Christ himself, His passion is so deep that if anyone causes a little one who believes in Him to sin it would be better to have a giant millstone tied around his neck and pitched into the depth of the sea. (Matthew 18:1-6 NKJV)
As I read God's word and see His heart of love, compassion, and desire to see His precious babies reconciled to their God I can't prevent these children from coming to Jesus by not being active and an intentional ambassador of Christ. Please pray for us that we may be given wisdom and interactive ways to teach God's truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment