Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gone Country

As most of you know my family and I are now living in Raleigh NC. It only took six days and over 23oo miles to arrive at our mission field. I am fond of this area because it is small and friendly, similar to what I've grown up in during my youth. For my wife it is an entirely different culture and speed she's been exposed to her whole life. The weather has been a little cold since we've arrrived. Earlier this week there was freezing rain that left all of our cars with a natural sheet of ice covering the exterior but within a few days it thawed out.
On our trip down here we experienced the colors of winterized plant life, a scene of brown and barren trees, grass that is matted and flat. God gave us seasons mixed through out our year and some are more visually appealing to others.
The first week I have accomplished what I set out to do by passing the driver's test to get a local license and had time to apply for several jobs. I met a sweet brother who's wife owns Powermaster Electric and had somewhat of a job interview where we discussed Christ and church planting. Also talked with a hydraulic repair company who will be coming under new ownership in the next few weeks and are possilby restaffing. Please keep these things in prayer with me that I may have wisdom in my decision. Thanks to all that have invested time and prayer into our live and we'll keep you all updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment